- This event has passed.
Richie Stearns – Sunday July 18th
Sunday, July 18, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
RICHIE STEARNS first discovered the pleasures of the old time banjo when he was 14. He’s traveled round the world, performing both traditional and his own original music, finding ways to collaborate with musicians from five continents as well as local musicians from diverse musical backgrounds. Over the past three decades, he’s written original music for film scores and dance ensembles as well his own bands (The Horse Flies, Evil City String Band, Ti Ti Chickapea, Donna the Buffalo, and the Renegades, among them) and collaborated with artists from a variety of disciplines to present public performances on stages through the U.S., Canada, and Europe, as well as on radio and television. He’s also president and co-creator of the annual GRASSROOTS FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND DANCE. For the last 25 years this festival succeeded in naturally fermenting its own unique musical culture. The festival draws thousands of attendees every year; the alumni list is literally a “who’s who” of world roots music and Americana, and the success of the Finger Lakes festival has spawned a similar sister festival held annually in North Carolina.
The Lunchtime Music Series
- whenever possible, musicians will be playing outdoors on our south deck. (You’ll be able to hear them from any of our seating areas.)
- COVID safety and social distancing in place
- limited seating – reservations suggested
- informal and eclectic.
- Musical styles range from solo jazz piano, to modern string duos to folk.
- Music starts a 1pm
- Wine, beer, coffee, lite fare menu available (current menu here)