- This event has passed.
Jen Cork – Sunday May 9th
Sunday, May 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
The Lunchtime Music Series
- whenever possible, musicians will be playing outdoors on our south deck. (You’ll be able to hear them from any of our seating areas.)
- COVID safety and social distancing in place
- limited seating – reservations suggested
- informal and eclectic.
- Musical styles range from solo jazz piano, to modern string duos to folk.
- Music starts a 1pm
- Wine, beer, coffee, lite fare menu available (current menu here)
Jen Cork has a passion for dirt, baritone ukes, 1904 uprights, vocal layering, emotional honesty and found sounds. Piano, guitar, melodica, and damn, she can sing….and her voice is just the beginning. From packed art galleries, camp fire circles in Michigan, and harmony singing to deep listening rooms, Jen is at home.
She is a well-known part of the music scene in Ithaca, NY. She ruminates on rusty turnbuckles. She loves the history, grit and intersection of nature and mechanical objects, and her emotional songwriting grows out of these timeworn landscapes. There is history in her voice and legacy in her songs.
Cork was named “Best Female Singer” by the Ithaca Journal.
Finger Lakes Music Press called her a “Superb Vocal Stylist,” and her band was selected to perform at the Confluence Benefit for the National Women’s Hall of Fame in Seneca Falls, NY.