- This event has passed.
Gerard Burke – Sunday August 22nd
Sunday, August 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Delta bluesman Gerard Burke has entertained listeners across New York’s Southern Tier and Central New regions with his unique brand of acoustic finger blues, played in the style of the old masters.
Burke’s professional motto, ‘One man, one guitar’, is an efficient description of his solo musical act. Using a resonator and standard acoustic guitars, finger picks and a brass slide, he creates a sound that is appropriate for almost any-sized venue.
When people hear blues, they usually imagine a combo – a group of like-minded individuals – who share a love for the genre and love playing it even more. Gerard is a pleasant reminder that it was all started by solo players traveling across Mississippi’s Delta region in the early 1900s. With each performance, Gerard Burke provides an authentic experience and a glimpse into history .
The Lunchtime Music Series
- whenever possible, musicians will be playing outdoors on our south deck. (You’ll be able to hear them from any of our seating areas.)
- COVID safety and social distancing in place
- limited seating – reservations suggested
- informal and eclectic.
- Musical styles range from solo jazz piano, to modern string duos to folk.
- Music starts a 1pm
- Wine, beer, coffee, lite fare menu available (current menu here)