2015 Pinot Gris – Curry Creek
The winter preceding the 2015 growing season was unbelievably brutal featuring the cold month ever recorded in the Finger Lakes. As a result of that harsh winter the yields from the vineyard were much lower than we would anticipate from a relatively nice growing year. The fruit that did arrive to the cellar did so in wonderful shape and we are quite pleased with how this 2015 Pinot Gris from Curry Creek Vineyards has aged thus far.
We have delved into the cookbook archives to bring you this recipe from the mind of our co-founder and late Chef, Debra Whiting.
A perfect example of fall cooking in the finger lakes. This is a recipe we hold near and dear to our hearts and our taste buds thank us! We often served these meatballs with wild rice and roasted brussels sprouts, and it will pair wonderfully with the 2015 Pinot Gris – Curry Creek. We hope you will
Enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1 lb Pork sausage
- 1 c bread crumbs
- 1/4 c minced yellow onion
- 1/2 T minced garlic
- 1 T chopped fresh sage
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 1 c peeled chopped apples (preferably honey crisp)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Scoop mixture into 1 inch balls and place onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes
- Add meatballs to a large bowl or deep serving dish
Apple Cider Cream Sauce
- 2 apples diced and peeled
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 c minced shallot
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 c apple cider
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- Combine apples, stock, garlic, shallots, cider, and wine in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until apples are very soft
- Puree ( I like to use an immersion blender)
- Reduce by 1/3
- Add heavy cream and mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour over meatballs and enjoy!